5 Common Water Heater Repairs Your Home May NeedNovember 30th, 2020
Do you have a water heater? Nearly everyone does, as a water heater is necessary to keep your property’s water warm. If your hot water heater started to act up, how could you tell what’s wrong — and what types of repairs might your system need?
Here are five common repairs that hot water heaters in Philadelphia might need. Be sure to keep an eye out for common repair needs that might jeopardize the longevity of your system.
- Inaccurate temperature: Having an accurate temperature gauge is essential for knowing how warm the water will be when it comes out of the tap. If your water is coming out of your tap scalding hot or ice cold, there might be an issue with your water heater’s thermometer.
- Leaks: Your water heater could leak because it is old and cracked, or it could be something as simple as a washer that needs to be tightened.
- Bad pressure valve: One of the more dangerous hot water heater repairs in Philadelphia is having a faulty pressure valve. This could turn a malfunctioning hot water heater into a terrible emergency due to the high pressure needed to keep the system running.
- Wobbly heating element: The heating element of your hot water heater is bolted in place. If you do not regularly maintain your hot water heater, the bolts could come loose and result in an insecure water heater.
- Gaskets: Over time, your water heater gaskets may dry out. Old, dry gaskets can cause a multitude of water-related issues. Thankfully, this problem is usually spotted during maintenance appointments.
Do you think that you have an issue with your hot water heater? Don’t wait until your system fails in the middle of winter to get the help you need!