5 Essential Tips for Staying HydratedAugust 21st, 2020
This summer has been especially hot — which can increase instances of dehydration. Staying hydrated is crucial for your health, as the human body is composed of over 60% water. Use these essential tips to keep yourself and your family cool and hydrated this summer.
- Wake up with a glass of water. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is key to staying hydrated. To get a jump-start on your daily hydration, start your day with a glass of water. Getting into the routine of drinking water first thing in the morning is an easy way to improve hydration.
- Avoid dehydrating beverages. If you’re feeling thirsty, avoid beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol. Though these drinks can feel refreshing, the truth is that they may actually dehydrate you further.
- Limit direct sun exposure. You are most likely to sweat (and become dehydrated) when the sun is at its peak. Limit sun exposure between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. when UV rays are the strongest. If you need to call for AC repair in Montgomery County, do so as soon as possible, so you have a safe place to relax if you become overheated.
- Eat foods with a high water content. Everyone knows that the best way to stay hydrated is to drink plenty of water. However, plenty of foods have high water content and can help keep you hydrated with more flavor. Choosing fruits like strawberries and watermelon as snacks can help you keep your family healthy and hydrated.
- Know the signs of dehydration. Knowing the key signs of dehydration can help you understand when you need to take a break and have a drink. Tight skin, muscle cramps, rapid breathing, and a persistent headache are all tell-tale signs of dehydration.
Do you need professional air conditioning repair in Philadelphia? Contact our team today and beat the heat now!