5 Reasons Kids Hate Bath Time and How to Solve ThemJune 20th, 2019
If you have a small child, you probably know the struggle of getting your little one to take a bath. Though bath time can be relaxing for some children, many find bath time to be an anxious and stress-inducing experience. But do you know why your child hates taking a bath? Read on to learn five of the most common reasons why children hate bathing—and more about what you can do to solve the problems.
- Your child is busy. If your child is busy playing with toys or watching TV, it’s only natural to hate being interrupted to take a bath. Scheduling homework time or quiet reading before bath time can make the transition a little easier.
- Your child is afraid of bedtime. Your child might hate bath time because he or she knows that bedtime comes right after. If your child is afraid of the dark, give him or her a small nightlight and snack before bed to make sleepy time a little less scary.
- The water is too hot or cold. How would you like to be doused with boiling water? Would you be very happy if you were suddenly plunged in an ice bath? Children have sensitive skin—and a bath that’s too hot or too cold can be seriously uncomfortable. Ask your little one to test the water before bath time to get the most comfortable temperature.
- Your child is afraid of the drain. Many children are afraid of the drain in the bathtub. Your little one might even think that he or she might get sucked down the drain! Quell this fear by investing in a rubber drain cover or stopper.
- The tub is dirty. Children can be germaphobes—just like adults! If your tub is moldy or decaying, it’s only natural that your child may not want to take a bath. A tub replacement in Philadelphia can make bath time easier and add value to your home.
Do you think that it’s time for a tub replace in Philadelphia? Give Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc. a call today to learn more or schedule your appointment.