5 Shocking Statistics on Residential Water DamageOctober 1st, 2018
Do you know what to do in the event of a plumbing emergency? If not, you may be putting yourself and your family at serious risk of home water damage. Read on to learn five surprising statistics on water damage.
- Water damage comes along with a serious bill. Plumbing contractors in Montgomery County know firsthand how quickly a leak or cracked pipe can cause damage. The average plumbing repair bill is about $5,092.
- Insurance companies shell out huge amounts of money for water damage. Think that last number is staggering? Insurance companies pay out a whopping $2.5 billion each year to homeowners for water damage coverage.
- More homeowners are dealing with water damage than you might think. Plumbing emergencies are unfortunately not very rare—about 14,000 homeowners will be forced to deal with a leak or other plumbing emergency every day.
- The most common cause of water damage? Burst pipes. The leading cause of water damage in the United States is burst pipes, an issue that makes up about 18% of claims for emergency plumbing repair. This means that the winter season can be especially dangerous for your pipes!
- A tiny crack can result in a large amount of water lost. It doesn’t take a massive crack to cause large losses of water. A pipe crack as small as 1/8th of an inch can lose as much as 250 gallons of water every single day.
If your plumbing system is damaged or you’re dealing with a leaking pipe, you should immediately call for emergency plumbing in Montgomery County to prevent the problem from getting worse or causing additional damage to your home. Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc. provides 24/7 emergency plumbing repair—call 215-240-8610 for immediate attention if you should ever find yourself cleaning up the mess caused by a plumbing disaster!