5 Tips to Stay Cool if Your Air Conditioner BreaksJune 27th, 2016
“Oh, great…The air conditioner is broken.” Does that sentence strike fear into your heart? Don’t feel any embarrassment if it does, because it definitely should!
Summer is here, and temperatures are at their highest so far this year — and it’s only going to get hotter. Air conditioners are one of the greatest inventions of mankind, but most of us seem to take them for granted. However, when the AC breaks and you’re sweating like a polar bear in a sauna, that’s when you realize how much of a blessing air conditioners truly are.
Of course, if your air conditioner breaks, the best thing you can do is call Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc. We will provide you with the quickest and most efficient air conditioner repair in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. But in the meantime, here are five tips to stay cool if your air conditioner breaks this summer:
- Drink plenty of water – Drinking plenty of water is a great and healthy way to keep cool and stay hydrated. You can also drink fruit juice for the same effect. Just remember to avoid tea, coffee, and alcohol because they actually remove moisture from your body.
- Keep doors and windows closed during the day – Surprise, surprise. This keeps the hot air from entering your house preserving what’s left of the cool air. You should also keep curtains and blinds closed because the sun will also make the house warmer.
- Open windows after sunset – When it’s dark is the time to open your windows. The air outside should be cooler, and opening the windows will make your house less stuffy. Turn on your fans to create a cross-breeze that will cool off your home much faster.
- Turn on the fans – No matter what time of day or night it is, you should definitely turn on your fans. This will help better circulate the air throughout your home. And you can try talking into it for a robot voice thing.
- Go swimming – And the most fun tip of all, go swimming. This is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day, air conditioner or not.
Well, you did it. You survived your home without air conditioning because now it’s fixed with the help of Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc. Just remember, if you can survive a little bit without air conditioning, you can survive anything. To learn more about this air conditioner and plumber service in Philadelphia and other local areas, contact Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc. at 215-240-8610 or visit their website at https://www.guaranteedplumbingandheating.com//.