5 Tips to Stay Warm if Your Heater Breaks This WinterNovember 15th, 2016
We gave you tips before about what to do to stay cool if your air conditioner breaks in the summer, but now you’re probably wondering how you can stay warm if your heater breaks in the winter. Of course, the first thing you should do is call us at Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc. We’re a heating repair company in PA that is available 24/7 for emergency services, and we’ll make sure your heater is working in no time. However, what do you do in the meantime while you’re waiting? Here are five tips to help you stay warm if your heater happens to break this winter:
- Block the drafts – Blocking any wind or drafts that are coming into your home is the first step to getting warmer. Check for any air leaks and make sure your doors and windows are all completely sealed. It also helps to hang curtains from the windows.
- Light a fire – Okay, please don’t light your house on fire, but if you have a fireplace, that would really help you stay warm. If you don’t have a fireplace, then light some candles in your home. They can add some heat.
- Use body heat – If you’re the cuddling type, then you’ll enjoy this tip. Stay warm when your heater breaks by getting close to the other people in your home. Others’ body heat might be just what you need.
- Try cooking – Even though your heater is broken, it doesn’t mean your electricity is, too. Warm up the stove and cook some food to warm up the rest of your home. Just pretend that you’re in college again.
- Move around – Now is the time to exercise. Moving around, dancing, doing jumping jacks and more can help you stay warm if you don’t have heat by raising your body temperature.
If your heater is broken, we hope these tips help you stay warm while you’re waiting for us. So if you haven’t called us yet, call now! To learn more about this plumber located in the 19136 zip code, contact us at 215-240-8610.