How to Unclog Your Toilet Using a Plunger and Save the DayMay 26th, 2016
You may be here because your toilet is clogged and there’s no one around to fix it, and you may not want to spend any money on an emergency plumber in Philadelphia. Fear not, because today you will become a toilet superhero and save the day. Not only will you free your toilet from suffering, but you will also win the hearts of millions (or just the rest of the people in your home) as you free your toilet from the clog’s clutches and put it to good use again.
If you don’t want to do that, just contact Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc., a plumbing service company in Montgomery County, as well as other local areas. But if you are feeling particularly like a superhero today, here is how to unclog your toilet:
- Locate a plunger – Because any hero is nothing without a sidekick to aid them in their quest for a better world.
- Turn off the water – Stop the evil villain’s minion by turning off the water at the valve so that it doesn’t overflow. The valve is usually located underneath the toilet tank.
- Place your sidekick (the plunger) over the drain – Threaten to stop the evil villain by covering the drain hole with the plunger. Make sure there’s water coming up at least halfway to the rubber cup on the plunger. This ensures a tight seal.
- Push the plunger up and down – Begin to attack the enemy by pushing the plunger up and down while not breaking the suction. Repeat this a few times. This will weaken the villain as you feel your power increasing.
- Keep pushing up and down, then break the suction – Just keep weakening your foe by pushing the plunger up and down. When you believe the time is right, pull the plunger up to release the suction. Keep repeating this process until you unclog the toilet and defeat your adversary.
That’s how to unclog your toilet and save the day. Now, hopefully, your air conditioner in Philadelphia doesn’t need repair, because AC repair in Philadelphia is a whole other story. But if it does, contact the HVAC superhero team at Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc. by calling 215-240-8610.