Take the Plunge! How Much of a Plumbing Expert Are You?February 21st, 2017
You may not consider yourself a plumbing expert, but you might be surprised at how much you know when it comes to fun facts about toilets and sinks. If you’d like to know, then take our little quiz (7 questions) to see just how much of an expert you really are. At Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc., when we aren’t providing emergency plumbing for customers in Montgomery County, PA, and the surrounding areas, we’re researching more about plumbing. Here’s a fun quiz that we came up with in our free time. So, what are you waiting for? Take the plunge!
Question 1. Let’s start off with something simple. What year was the flushing toilet invented?
c.) 20,000 B.C.
Question 2. On average, how much of their life does a person spend sitting on the toilet?
a.) Three weeks
b.) Three months
c.) Three years
Question 3. What famous scientist announced that if they had to live their life over again, they would do it as a plumber?
a.) Thomas Edison
b.) Marie Curie
c.) Albert Einstein
Question 4. According to a recent study, what percentage of people were found to hang their toilet paper so that the flap faces the front?
Question 5. If you have a leaky faucet that drips water twice per minute, how much water will you waste in a week?
a.) An ounce
b.) An Olympic-sized swimming pool
c.) A gallon
Question 6. Who is the most famous plumber in the world?
a.) Joe the Plumber
b.) Super Mario
c.) Ozzy Osbourne
Question 7. When is the toilet flushed more than any other time in the year?
a.) During the halftime of the Super Bowl
b.) On Christmas morning
c.) After Thanksgiving dinner
Now, take a look at the answer key!
- B – The flushing toilet was invented by John Harington in 1596.
- C – A person will spend an average of three years of their life sitting on the toilet.
- C – Albert Einstein would have been a plumber if he could live his life over.
- A – 75% of people hang their toilet paper with the flap facing in front.
- C – You can waste over a gallon of water per week with a leaky faucet. Get it fixed!
- B – Super Mario (yes, the video game character) is the most famous plumber in the world.
- A – Toilets are flushed more times during the Super Bowl halftime than at any other time throughout the year.
If you got:
0-2 correct: You’re a plumbing amateur. But hey, no one said that’s a bad thing.
3-5 correct: You’re getting there. Keep learning about toilets, plungers, and faucets!
6-7 correct: You’re a plumbing expert!
To learn more about fun plumbing facts or boiler installation in Philadelphia, PA, and other local areas, contact us at 215-240-8610.