Tips for Remodeling Your BathroomMarch 26th, 2014
There comes a time where you get tired of the color, layout, design, and vanity in your bathroom. This is where we spend the majority of our time, and we want to modernize the design, and look. Before contacting a plumbing contractor in Philly, it is important to look at various plans and fixtures until you have a blueprint of what you envision. But how do you know what you want before consulting the opinions of a professional? Here are some tips that go a long way in deciding what’s best for you.
Remember, address all your needs when remodeling your bathroom.
- Establish a budget. Do you want a full bathroom makeover, or just an updated sink and shower. Pick a budget, and while some features may seem enticing, don’t stray from your initial budget.
- Consider all of your options. Don’t just walk into a hardware store and browse their selection of vanities, baths, tiles, toilets, showers, and sinks. Go over every single option out there. Do your research; there are plenty of websites that feature all of these products, as well as local shops that specialize in bathroom vanities and fixtures.
- Pick out new lights. Update the lighting over the mirror, providing a modernized look and brighter light. Plan this early in the process, so you can pick the vanities and wall structure based around the look of the lights and the color of the fixtures.
- Match the color of the light fixtures with your towel racks and shower rods. Keep the same theme. Do the lights hang from a copper fixture? Gold? Silver? Match the towel racks and shower rod with the same color for more eye appeal.
- Plan additional features. Do you want storage areas in the shower for your soaps and shampoos? Do you want a grab-bar installed in the shower?
- Select a style for the bath/shower. Acrylics, tile, mosaic, all are good choices, but pick what’s right for you!
- Flooring. Make sure it’s durable. Stone, marble, ceramic, and water-resistant are the best ways to go.
- Call a professional! Our contractors have experience with any plumbing needs you have during the remodeling process. Space planning for satisfaction, installations, drywall, and plumbing. Do your drain lines need to be altered? How about water lines. If your toilet location changes, or your sink has a different location for a new vanity, we’ll handle the pipes to make sure there are no problems with your newly structured bathroom.
We don’t want the remodeling project to take forever, so our plumbing contractors in Philadelphia work diligently to provide you with a new bathroom in a timely manner, meeting your budget and consulting with you every step of the way. Transform your bathroom into one of the most beautiful rooms in your home with Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, we guarantee you’ll be overjoyed with the end result.