What Fall Maintenance Your Furnace Should ReceiveSeptember 29th, 2020
Here at Guaranteed Plumbing & Heating, Inc., we know the importance of furnace maintenance because we see first-hand how well-maintained furnaces perform compared to those that do not receive regular maintenance. If you want to avoid a call for Philadelphia heating repair this winter, get your furnace maintenance done now.
Let’s take a look at a few parts of your heating system that you should be sure are serviced this fall to avoid a breakdown when the temperatures start to drop again.
- The heat exchanger. This should be examined carefully, looking for any type of deterioration or cracks.
- Heating assembly. All components should be dusted off, cleaned, and replaced as part of regular maintenance.
- The flue. This needs to be inspected carefully. If the flue begins to develop a layer of build-up, you need to remove it as soon as possible. By allowing your flue to accumulate dust and build-up, it could lead to furnace problems or even fumes backing up into your home or business.
- The belts. These need to be carefully examined because if they are starting to fray, they could break when you need your furnace most. Be sure to call for professional furnace repair if your belts are looking worn down.
- The settings. This process involves going through and checking to ensure that all of your settings are functioning properly. This can include testing out the thermostat, checking to make sure the blower motor is set right, all of the control settings are where they should be, and more.
In order to avoid unnecessary furnace repairs in Philadelphia this winter, call to have your furnace inspected and maintained today. Contact the team at Guaranteed to schedule your appointment or learn more about the importance of furnace maintenance ahead of the upcoming winter season.